"Supporting Mat-Su Youth"
Youth focused community outreach is our mission. Funding, with exception to the Sea Hawker / Seahawks Alaska Community Outreach, is solely directed at youth needs in the Mat-Su Valley.
Mat-Su Sea Hawkers serves as driving force providing participation assistance, education, and volunteerism.
Our outreach champions community betterment and promotes active lifestyles and easily accessible opportunities for developing youth health, wellness, and leadership skills.
Greetings, Sea Hawkers – 2020; what a year for Alaska and the world. Happy to report we thrived with membership and saw continued sponsorships in support of our mission; Supporting Youth Health, Wellness, and Leadership Skills through active lifestyles.
Please know YOU, our supporters, and organization members, helped us through a tough year. Even as our communities faced uncertain financial constraints, we made a difference. Implementing a more fiscally conservative approach to donations, we made meaningful impacts. Examples are fewer this year, but 2020 contributions included:
Mat-Su Sea Hawkers Specific:
- Raised nearly 8K through, memberships and corporate sponsorships
- Succession planning to infuse board with meaningful community & outreach experience
2020 Youth Specific Donations:
- Colony High School Girls Basketball - $300
- Colony High School Girls Softball - $250
- Colony High School Swim Team - $200
- Colony High School Dive Team - $200
- Mat-Su Miners Baseball - $200
- Palmer Area Hockey Association - $250
- Palmer Pioneer Legion Baseball - $250
2020 Community Specific Contributions:
- The Children’s Place – Fundraiser - $1,000
- Frontiersman / Sea Hawkers Student Athletes of the Year Scholarships - $1000 (x2) - $2000
- Mat-Su Sertoma Club – Polar Plunge - $250
- Special Olympics Alaska - Polar Plunge - $250
- Special Olympics Alaska - Auction Fundraiser - $500
- Special Olympics Mat-Su – Dinner Fundraiser - $350
Since 2006, we have raised over $465K, invested nearly $276K back into youth and community related charities and programs, built a scholarship endowed fund of $55K, a community infrastructure non-endowed fund of $99K, and maintain roughly $35K operating reserves.
With my deepest respect and thanks,
Thomas M. Spindler, President
Annual dues per chapter:
$15.00 for an individual - you will receive 1 membership card.
$25.00 for families (2 adults and 2 children living at the same address) -you will receive up to 4 membership cards.
Club Membership fees are due January 1 annually.
Sea Hawkers benefits include:
Access to Spring Highlight Film Banquet and Summer Picnic
Access to Sea Hawker tailgate area before all home Seahawks games
Lottery opportunity for on-field (side lines) access during pre game warm up
Participation in chapter meetings and events
The Seahawks Pro Shop provides exclusive offers to Sea Hawkers Membership cardholders
Excalibur Sports in Anchorage provides a 10% discount to current booster club cardholders
These unique offers for our members are not available to general public.
Click on the Mat-Su Sea Hawkers Booster Club Application below: print, fill out and mail to the address at the bottom of the application.
Make a donation here: