"Supporting Mat-Su Youth"
Youth focused community outreach is our mission. Funding, with exception to the Sea Hawker / Seahawks Alaska Community Outreach, is solely directed at youth needs in the Mat-Su Valley.
Mat-Su Sea Hawkers serves as driving force providing participation assistance, education, and volunteerism.
Our outreach champions community betterment and promotes active lifestyles and easily accessible opportunities for developing youth health, wellness, and leadership skills.
Greetings, Sea Hawkers;
2021 was a banner year for Alaska. We thrived in membership and building sponsors for “Supporting Youth Health, Wellness, and Leadership Skills through active lifestyles.”
Please know YOU, our organization members and sponsors, helped us achieve a great year. Even as our communities faced continued financial constraints, we came together and made a difference. Impact examples include:
Mat-Su Sea Hawkers Specific:
- Sponsors hosted Seahawks Jim Zorn, Walter Jones, Stephen Hauschka, and Blitz for Community Outreach events
- Seahawks visit & donations to Alaska youth patients and elders at Children’s hospital and Alaska Native Medical Center
- Seahawks visit& donations to veterans and elders at Alaska Native Heritage Center
- Fundraised nearly 56K through memberships, corporate sponsorships, raffle and auction events
- Succession planning via board elections adding meaningful community & outreach experience
2021 Youth Specific Donations:
- Colony High School Baseball - $200
- Colony High School Grad Blast - $250
- Colony High School Swim Team - $200
- Colony High School Dive Team - $200
- Elevate Comp Basketball - $250
- Mat-Su Miners Baseball - $200
- Mat-Su Seahawks (Pop Warner) - $5000
- Mat-Su Ski Club - $500
- Mat-Su YMCA - $200
- Mat-Su Youth Rugby - $250
- Palmer Area Hockey Association - $250
- Palmer Pioneer Legion Baseball - $250
- Summer Comp Basketball - $220
- Summer Comp Wrestling - $200
- Wasilla Girls Basketball - $250
2021 Community Specific Contributions:
- The Children’s Place - $1,000
- Children’s Hospital (Alaska) - $500
- Ronald McDonald House (Alaska) - $500
- Frontiersman / Sea Hawkers Student Athletes of the Year Scholarships - $1000 (x2) - $2000
- Mat-Su Sertoma Club – Polar Plunge - $500
- Special Olympics Alaska - $500
- Special Olympics Alaska - Polar Plunge - $250
- Blitz’ Kicks4Kids Shoe Drive - $1500
- Curt Warner Family Autism Fund - $500
Since 2006, we have raised over $540K, invested nearly $310K back into youth and community related charities and programs, built a scholarship endowed fund of $62K, a community infrastructure non-endowed fund of $114K, and maintain roughly $54K operating reserves.
With my deepest respect and thanks,
Thomas M. Spindler, President
Thomas M. Spindler, President
Annual dues per chapter:
$15.00 for an individual - you will receive 1 membership card.
$25.00 for families (2 adults and children living at the same address) - you will receive membership cards in the mail)
Club Membership fees are due January 1 annually.
Sea Hawkers benefits include:
Access to Spring Highlight Film Banquet and Summer Picnic
Access to Sea Hawker tailgate area before all home Seahawks games
Lottery opportunity for on-field (side lines) access during pre game warm up
Participation in chapter meetings and events
The Seahawks Pro Shop provides exclusive offers to Sea Hawkers Membership cardholders
Excalibur Sports in Anchorage provides a 10% discount to current booster club cardholders
These unique offers for our members are not available to general public.
Click on the Mat-Su Sea Hawkers Booster Club Application below: print, fill out and mail to the address at the bottom of the application.
Make a donation here: