Congratulations to the newly elected 2020-2022
Board Members of Mat-Su Sea Hawkers:
Left to Right (Back) At-Large; Sundi Hondl Sam Young, and Mike Spindler; Secretary; Kristina Kalnoski Perry.
Left to Right (Front) V. President; Al Haynes, President; Thomas Spindler, Treasurer; Rick Allen.
Outgoing; Treasurer (Not Pictured): Dan Kennedy; 14 years service. With our respect & appreciation, thank you, Dan.
"Supporting Mat-Su Youth"
Youth focused community outreach is our mission. Funding, with exception to the Sea Hawker / Seahawks Alaska Community Outreach, is solely directed at youth needs in the Mat-Su Valley.
Mat-Su Sea Hawkers serves as driving force providing participation assistance, education, and volunteerism.
Our outreach champions community betterment and promotes active lifestyles and easily accessible opportunities for developing youth health, wellness, and leadership skills.
Greetings, Sea Hawkers –
2019 has come and gone. In spite of Alaska’s economic struggle, we are happy to thrive with continued sponsorships in support of our mission; Supporting Youth Health, Wellness, and Leadership Skills through active lifestyles.
Please know that YOU, our supporters and organization members, helped achieve a great year. Examples of our 2019 contributions included, but were not limited to:
Mat-Su Sea Hawkers Specific:
- Coordinated community outreach visits & fundraising by Seahawk Tedric Thompson.
- Raised over $34K through fundraising, memberships, and corporate sponsorships
- Continue to infuse our board with people possessing meaningful community & outreach experience
2019 Youth Specific Donations:
- Alaska Bears Baseball - $200
- 8 Stars Basketball - $250
- Arctic Heat Softball - $250
- Colony High School Baseball Club - $250
- Colony High School Tennis - $200
- Colony High School Hockey - $250
- Colony High School Soccer Club - $250
- Colony High School Girls Softball - $250
- Glacier Bears Baseball – 10U Team - $250
- Houston Hawks Youth Football - $250
- Mat-Su Miners Baseball – Organization sponsorship - $200
- Palmer 10U A Team Hockey - $250
- Palmer American Legion JV Red Team Baseball - $250
- Pop Warner Seahawks - Helmets - $1000
- Wasilla High School Athletic Department - $250
- Wasilla Youth Comp Basketball - $250
- Wasilla High School Baseball - $250
- Wasilla High School Girls Softball - $250
- Wasilla High School Wrestling - $250
- Wasilla Warriors Basketball Camp - $250
- Wasilla Waves Swim Team - $250
- Wasilla Youth Baseball - $250
- Wasilla Youth Soccer Association - $1250
2019 Community Specific Contributions:
- Alaska Native Medical Center – Patient gifts, Seahawk Player visit - $500
- Alaska Ronald McDonald House – Donation, Patient gifts, Seahawk Player visit - $1000
- Alaska Children’s Hospital Anchorage – Patient gifts, Seahawk Player visit - $500
- Big Brothers Big Sisters – Bowl for Kids’ Sake - $650
- Frontiersman / Sea Hawkers Student Athletes of the Year - $1000 (x2) - $2000
- Hatcher Pass Ski Run – Skeetalk Project - $250
- Mat-Su Sertoma Club – Polar Plunge - $500
- Palmer Elks Lodge – Hoop Shoot – Event Volunteers
- Special Olympics Alaska - Polar Plunge Fundraiser - $250
- Sea Hawker 12 Tour Outreach & Play 60 – Seahawk Player interaction with 300+ youth - $16,000
- Sea Hawker 12 Tour Metlakatla Community - Play 60, Seahawk Player visit youth & elders - $1500
- Sea Hawker 12 Tour Ketchikan Community - Play 60, Seahawk Player visit youth & elders - $1500
- United Way of Mat-Su – Seahawk Players visit, donations & fundraising auction raised - $15,000
- Williwaw Community Play Ground - $750
Since 2006, we have risen over $450K, invested nearly $270K back into youth and community related charities and programs, built a scholarship endowed fund of $53K, a community infrastructure non-endowed fund of $91K, and maintain roughly $35K operating reserves.
With my deepest respect and thanks,
Thomas M. Spindler, President
Thomas M. Spindler, President
Annual dues per chapter:
$15.00 for an individual - you will receive 1 membership card.
$25.00 for families (2 adults and 2 children living at the same address) -you will receive up to 4 membership cards.
Club Membership fees are due January 1 annually.
Sea Hawkers benefits include:
Access to Spring Highlight Film Banquet and Summer Picnic
Access to Sea Hawker tailgate area before all home Seahawks games
Lottery opportunity for on-field (side lines) access during pre game warm up
Participation in chapter meetings and events
The Seahawks Pro Shop provides exclusive offers to Sea Hawkers Membership cardholders
Excalibur Sports in Anchorage provides a 10% discount to current booster club cardholders
These unique offers for our members are not available to general public.
Click on the Mat-Su Sea Hawkers Booster Club Application below: print, fill out and mail to the address at the bottom of the application.
Make a donation here: